Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finnochio!

Moncef, my spoon, just loves raw fresh Fennel, me I like it roasted with oil and garlic, cooking it seems to give it a less intense flavor, which personally I prefer. Since it was Val Day yesterday, I thought it appropriate to make something different and exotic (somewhat) with Fennel in hand and some nice local shrimp this delicious dish satisfied our valentine urges........
Shrimp with Fennel (amounts depend on your liking, I had almost equal amounts, maybe 10 medium shrimp to one whole fennel bulb)
prepare shrimp (if fresh, shell and clean)
Slice Fennel as you like.
Put all together in cast iron frying pan with garlic, oil, coriander seeds smashed, hot pepper flakes, white wine, and if you like onion. Cook until shrimp are pink and fennel are tender.
Serve with a simple pasta (use the sauce adding some butter to pasta for a richer taste) or rice or even a simple couscous... heavenly...........
if you like a crunchier fennel stir fry separately, then ad to dish nearly the last few minutes. Really it is up to you.

No comments: