Saturday, November 28, 2009

corky octopus

My spoon came home yesterday with not one but THREE pretty big fresh OCTOPUS' ... Kills me. I guess since it is such a nice day out there that the best thing to do is to grill them. But first to tenderize them you must steam them with cork (wine corks will do I am told).. So into a pot of steaming water they went with corks, bay leaves, garlic cloves, and crushed red pepper flakes, a splash or two of white wine. After about 30 minutes, when the corks were kinda 'soft' I guessed the octopus' were ready to take out. So after cooling, I cut them (tentacles) into reasonable pieces I brushed them with olive oil and grilled. Spoon said real good and tender, I personally don't eat octopus, squid I can tolerate somewhat but octopus no... don't know why I guess it is the way the look at me........oh so sorry........I have the same reaction with lobster...oh boy......... hope spoon doesn't bring octopus home any time soon........

No comments: